Getting back to your best following a stroke takes patience, persistence, and compassionate care. At East Longmeadow Skilled Nursing Center we help patients recover, regain the best of their ability, and reclaim the best possible quality of life.
Our Stroke Recovery Services are provided under the leadership of rehab staff with specialized training and expertise in post-stroke rehabilitation. Experienced clinical staff work closely with specialists from the Stroke Unit at Baystate Medical Center for continuity of care.
Following initial specialized stroke rehabilitation, patients needing additional rehab may transition to Baystate Home Health or to one of eight Baystate Rehabilitation Care outpatient facilities in the region, as appropriate. Our care teams coordinate closely with other care providers for a smooth transition home or to other outpatient care.
- Personalized care plans to optimize function, regain ability, minimize complications, and maximize recovery
- OT, PT, and speech therapies available on-site seven days a week as prescribed
- Skilled nursing care available 24/7 with specialized clinical capabilities for complex care
- Select ELM nurses certified in the National Institutes of Health Stroke Symptom Scale
- Weekly interdisciplinary rounds led by a Physiatrist specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, with a focus on optimizing function and minimizing complications
- Rehab, nursing, and administrative staff from the Baystate Stroke Unit and ELM meet regularly to implement the elements of Stroke Recovery Services